Avocet Staffing are currently looking for an experienced Home Manager for an 8 bedded Children's Home.
The Registered Manager will have responsibility for an 8-bedded Children's Home. The role is located just outside Haverhill, on the Suffolk/Essex border, a 25 minute drive from both Cambridge and Bury St Edmunds.
The Manager will report to the Senior Management Team and the Responsible Individual, hold staff to account, check all paperwork in the Home (in conjunction with the Reg 44 Inspector), ensure policies and procedures are current and correct and generally take responsibility for the smooth running of the Home, ensuring that Ofsted Reports are Good or Outstanding.
You will need to be a 'people person' with empathy and exceptional personnel skills to enable you to work with a large staff team. You will lead by example and be willing to 'go the extra mile'.
The client base.
Young People (aged 9-19 years) are placed by Local Authorities throughout the UK and the young people are all either on the autistic spectrum or have other severe learning difficulties. The Homes are fully supported by an on-site School which is rated as Good with Outstanding features. Young people generally remain in the Home for 52 weeks per year, although some return home to parents at weekends or during School holidays.
The Manager will be expected to work at least 40 hours per week with additional hours as required by the post.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
* The successful candidate will have already had experience as a Registered Manager or very experienced Deputy or Senior in a Children's Home and a proven track record.
* A high level of spoken and written English is required as you will be dealing directly with social workers, placing authorities and parents.
* You will attend weekly Manager Meetings with the Responsible Individual, other Managers, the Head of the School and the Senior Management Team.
* The Homes are in the process of moving to an electronic reporting system and full training will be provided for this. However, previous experience in electronic reporting would be helpful.
* Salary for the post will be up to £50,000 per annum dependent upon previous experience and qualifications.
* All meals will be provided whilst on duty the Manager will be entitled to
* 38 days holiday per year (including Bank Holidays).
* Flexible working hours
* On-site parking
Avocet Staffing are acting as a recruitment company on behalf of our client. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days, then you have not been successful on this occasion