IT Specialist | Onsite Support
Our client is a market leader in the development and supply of advanced Point of sale products into the Retail Major Multiples and Industrial weigh labelling equipment into the worlds food processing industries.
They produce high tech POS products and weigh price labelling equipment for a wide range of food processing environments; from the red meat sector to poultry, fish, vegetables, dairy, bakeries and ready meals, including many different classifications of world industry from leading industrial corporations to small local retail supply outlets.
They have been at the forefront of technology for many years. Their products are used by many of the world's leading global food processing and distribution companies.
Due to exciting growth globally, they are now seeking an Onsite IT Specialist who will be responsible for maintenance of IT infrastructure, onsite IT support for employees, delivery
of key IT projects and introduction of best practise across IT processes.
* Formulation of IT Strategy including best practice, asset management and improvement of software estate.
* Ownership of IT Transformation / IT Change projects.
* Internal support of IT Hardware, Software (remote and floorwalking) and Wi-Fi networks.
* Troubleshooting LAN connectivity.
* Monitoring and resolving issues on Windows and Linux Servers.
* Mobile Device Management and troubleshooting, specifically IOS.
* Support of bespoke software including Microsoft Dynamics NAV software and Microsoft SQL.
* Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot applications.
* Management of internal domain administration.
* System resilience and network security, including anti-virus, malware and firewall protection.
* Provide support for all staff in keeping with the businesses values, policies and procedures
* Complete all documents required by the company policies and procedures
* Undertake additional tasks and responsibilities as may be reasonably expected of the role and as necessary in order to achieve the objectives of the IT team and the business goals
* Working within Health & Safety procedures and Risk Assessment guidelines at all times.
Qualifications & Skills Requirements
* Experienced in providing IT support for both hardware and software infrastructure.
* Ability to identify the importance of IT infrastructure to the commercial and strategic objectives of the company.
* Strong analytical, planning, and organisational skills.
* Self-starter with ability to work independently and react quickly to changing priorities.
* Experience working with MS Dynamics NAV.
* Ability to identify and implement best practise across the IT infrastructure.
As a Global Organisation with a turnover of £750 million worldwide, and around 3600 employees, our client is now moving into a new phase of their growth within the UK and globally.
They have an exciting investment programme to grow, building on the success of their industrial business, they are now moving forward to take their exciting products into the retail, hospitality and logistics sectors and expanding their presence in the UK market. Their team are based on their site in Haverhill.
They are looking for ambitious people to join them. If you want to be a key player in their future success and believe you have the drive and skills to join their dynamic team at this exciting time of growth, then this will be an exciting role for you to take your career to the next level